Cavendish #2 pics...

Once you've grown and harvested your tobacco, what do you do with it? Talk about it here.
JMG

Cavendish #2 pics...

Post by JMG »

I made a second batch of Cavendish. I steamed this batched for 3 extra hours...8 total. It is much less harsh than the first batch. I also used a pretty generous amount of vanilla flavoring, but not directly on the tobacco. Instead I poured it into the water and tried to "steam infuse" the flavor. I wasn't expecting much but am pleasantly surprised by the outcome. It definitely absorbed some of the aroma, but lightly so. Anywho, here are some pics...

"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
Alden

Re: Cavendish #2 pics...

Post by Alden »

Man that stuff looks good ! Great knife too. I have 50 or so knives and some fairly pricey, but most aren't any better than my $15 Moras.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Very cool!
JMG

Post by JMG »

Alden wrote:Man that stuff looks good ! Great knife too. I have 50 or so knives and some fairly pricey, but most aren't any better than my $15 Moras.
They really are great knives. Like you said, 15 bucks was it and this particular Mora has served me well for over three years now.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
Alden

Post by Alden »

JMG wrote:
Alden wrote:Man that stuff looks good ! Great knife too. I have 50 or so knives and some fairly pricey, but most aren't any better than my $15 Moras.
They really are great knives. Like you said, 15 bucks was it and this particular Mora has served me well for over three years now.
They've got 3 things I want in a knife; They're sharp, they stay sharp, and they're easy to sharpen.
Being tough as heck and costing $15 is just icing on the cake.
andrew

Post by andrew »

That stuff looks great. Good job!

andrew
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

Have any of the natives tried it and if so what do they think? Not strong enough maybe?
Chas.