seeds?

Discussions on growing and cultivating tobacco.
Vermont Freehand

seeds?

Post by Vermont Freehand »

anyone have some seeds to get rid of?

also, I haven't found anything here on the forum pertaining to growing your own cigarette tobacco, but thought I'd throw it out there to see what anyone knows.
TRS
Site Supporter

Re: seeds?

Post by TRS »

http://www.howtogrowtobacco.com/

Stumbled across this a bit ago, hope it helps you somewhat. Something about the forum seems eerily familiar.... :D
NateTheBookie

Post by NateTheBookie »

I don't have any, but http://www.seedman.com has them for really cheap (~$2 a packet of 50), that's where I get mine. They have lots of varieties, including a bunch for cigarettes and cigars.
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

I got seeds enough for more than a few plantations. Although they are from the year before this, I'm sure they're still viable. PM me your address and I'll send some of each variety I have. I know who the mother is of each, but I can't be sure about the fathers. I'm out of the country for a few weeks, but I'll send them when I return next year. Use Burley for cigs. Otherwise, it's just a shag cut.
Vermont Freehand

Post by Vermont Freehand »

you guys are the best, thanks for the info. seedman.com has tons of info, but I think I'll PM kbadkar. If my first year works fairly well, then I'll think about trying seedman.com.
Kada

Post by Kada »

if your in need of them, i grow a fiar bit of tobacco i can send some seeds off. right now i am growing out kentucky 9 and N. rustica.