Haddo kicked my ass.

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
The Smoking Yeti

Haddo kicked my ass.

Post by The Smoking Yeti »

K, so I recently ordered a couple G.L. Pease blends to try, Hado's Delight, and Robusto. I tried Hado's delight tonight in my new unsmoked shop pipe(Totally botched the drilling on the briar and ended up misaligning the whole f-ing bowl and airway so everything is crooked).

Anyways... I smoked it pretty slow, sitting in my garage coaching my brother through some basic metal lathe use. (he botched my precious stabilized Maple blank whilst I was at a work meeting, so I figured I'd better teach him how to not do that again). And I decided, because I was so content with my feet propped up on the bench, that I'd smoke all the way through the bowl.

I smoked everything in that damned behemoth, all the way down to the bottom. Relighting quite a lot(gotta love breaking in a pipe, even a shop pipe). The whole time I was like "wow this is an awesome tobacco, it's even giving me a little buzz!".

All was well.

Then, I knocked the pipe out, and stood up.

Damn that tobacco has a KICK at the end. I could barely stand I had such a big buzz from it. I mean seriously- it hurt. The last time I got that buzzed was when I smoked a cuban second. I walked inside and collapsed on the couch, unable to sit or stand. Then I chugged some water, and staggered to bed, laying there feeling the world spinning.

Holy crud, how did that happen?

Is it bad juju to constantly relight the bowl as it gets low?

Am I just not used to the kick of stronger English blend?

Seriously, I felt like I was gonna die.

Gotta love me some Haddo's delight.
My pipemaking stream of conscience/ website:

http://yetipipe.tumblr.com/
Tyler
Site Supporter

Re: Haddo kicked my ass.

Post by Tyler »

Same thing happened to me the first time I smoked it. I laid on the floor and focused all of my energy on not throwing up. Thankfully, it worked.

Like you, I loved the flavor. Even though I hate any sort of buzz,and especially the full-blown spins, I tried it again. It has been, since then, my favorite smoke. It has never happened again.
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

The Smoking Yeti wrote:K, so I recently ordered a couple G.L. Pease blends to try, Hado's Delight, and Robusto. I tried Hado's delight tonight in my new unsmoked shop pipe(Totally botched the drilling on the briar and ended up misaligning the whole f-ing bowl and airway so everything is crooked).

Anyways... I smoked it pretty slow, sitting in my garage coaching my brother through some basic metal lathe use. (he botched my precious stabilized Maple blank whilst I was at a work meeting, so I figured I'd better teach him how to not do that again). And I decided, because I was so content with my feet propped up on the bench, that I'd smoke all the way through the bowl.

I smoked everything in that damned behemoth, all the way down to the bottom. Relighting quite a lot(gotta love breaking in a pipe, even a shop pipe). The whole time I was like "wow this is an awesome tobacco, it's even giving me a little buzz!".

All was well.

Then, I knocked the pipe out, and stood up.

Damn that tobacco has a KICK at the end. I could barely stand I had such a big buzz from it. I mean seriously- it hurt. The last time I got that buzzed was when I smoked a cuban second. I walked inside and collapsed on the couch, unable to sit or stand. Then I chugged some water, and staggered to bed, laying there feeling the world spinning.

Holy crud, how did that happen?

Is it bad juju to constantly relight the bowl as it gets low?

Am I just not used to the kick of stronger English blend?

Seriously, I felt like I was gonna die.

Gotta love me some Haddo's delight.
Hmmm, sounds like it's delicious, ordering some today! Thanks for the heads up.
The Smoking Yeti

The worst part Tyler, was I drank a full french press of coffee at the work meeting an hour before, and I couldn't fall asleep while I was trying to feel less sick at midnight. I was stuck in the half life between uppers and downers.

mredmond
Site Supporter

Haddo kicked my ass.

Post by mredmond »

It did the same thing to me the first couple times I smoked it. I learned to use small pipes, but I never did order another tin.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

The Smoking Yeti wrote:The worst part Tyler, was I drank a full french press of coffee at the work meeting an hour before, and I couldn't fall asleep while I was trying to feel less sick at midnight. I was stuck in the half life between uppers and downers.
That, is hell.
The Smoking Yeti

That, is hell.
As not even Dante could describe it.

I think I'm gonna make myself a smaller pipe for this stuff though, or maybe I'll just man up.

Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

I don't have to be careful with Haddo's anymore. I don't know what it was that first time, but anymore I smoke it in big pipes or small, while working or while contemplating, or anything else. It knocked me down the once, but it doesnt anymore. I have no idea why.
The Smoking Yeti

I guess it's kinda like chicken pox?