Aromatic Reccomendations

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
Bshafer93

Aromatic Reccomendations

Post by Bshafer93 »

I would to get recommendations for good aromatic tobacco's. So far I lean more towards the sweet side. I tried Frog Morton I liked it, but I'd like something sweeter. I tried a blend from a headshop " Shoot me now. I couldn't find a local tobacconist shop when I went out to find my first pipe tobacco", but I found a tasty blend that had some earthiness and nice overtones of berry's. Any recommendations?

On a side note-The berry baccy gave me tongue bite real bad. It was a real dry blend. So I'd like to know if because it was dry it gave me tongue bite.

Thank You all for your help!

Brent S.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Re: Aromatic Reccomendations

Post by KurtHuhn »

It certainly wasn't the dryness that caused tongue bite. You probably puffed a bit too heavy, making the smoke very hot. Combine that with a restricted airway (guessing here), and you've got the classic recipe for roasting your tongue.

Since you said there is sweetness to the blend, I wouldn't think that there's a real problem with the tobacco. Sometimes if you get tongue bite, coupled with a distinct lack of sweet flavor, it can indicate a "body chemistry" incompatibility.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Dane C

Post by Dane C »

I'm new to this myself but I find I like just about anything with Gold in the name. Peterson Gold Blend is a favorite and Captain Black Gold is a descent cheap fall back but I think you are going to find you will have to mail order your pipe tobacco. Try tobaccoreviews.com and enter the criteria you are looking for, the reviews are basically worthless but look for tobaccos with a large number of 3-4 stars and you should do ok.
Last edited by Dane C on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nate

Post by Nate »

If you want a fairy sturdy aro, you might like some blends from the Middle Earth pipeweed series of Just For Him. My fave is the Shortcut to Mushrooms.

http://www.justforhim.com/catalog/index ... h=2_298_62