g.l pease jackknife plug

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
bregolad

g.l pease jackknife plug

Post by bregolad »

Did anybody get their hands on any? I missed the sale on smokingpipes by a couple hours and it was gone. Love some reviews
J&J Pipes
jnjpipes.com
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Re: g.l pease jackknife plug

Post by SimeonTurner »

I got one. I'll let you know. ;)
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com
Boekweg

Post by Boekweg »

Does any one know of a friend that has smoked medical marijuana in one of these tobacco pipes? Just wandering. I would assume that the bowl would be to big and deep for something like that. Any input? :?:
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Post by SimeonTurner »

:roll:
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com
Boekweg

Post by Boekweg »

I know people might roll their eyes to this but with the increase of states (14 now) legalizing medical marijuana, i think it might be something to look into, i know i am. (looking into it, that is) I feel pretty confident that people who are "legally" able to use medical marijuana would feel allot better and more comfortable using it in a pipe that has class and is more distinguished then your average "glass pipe" or "bong". I'm just saying, it could be very advantageous to look into thats all.
Boekweg

Post by Boekweg »

By the way Turner, I must say, Very, Very, nice pipes! Very Distinguished looking, Very Elegant!
NathanA
Site Supporter

Post by NathanA »

Boekweg wrote: I know people might roll their eyes to this but with the increase of states (14 now) legalizing medical marijuana, i think it might be something to look into, i know i am. (looking into it, that is) I feel pretty confident that people who are "legally" able to use medical marijuana would feel allot better and more comfortable using it in a pipe that has class and is more distinguished then your average "glass pipe" or "bong". I'm just saying, it could be very advantageous to look into thats all.
I think what you will very quickly figure out here is that pipe makers/pipe smokers are mainly a very anti-drug community. Pipe smoking is not about drug dependence as are cigarettes and marijuana and the overwhelming majority of pipe smokers I have known are vehemently anti-cigarettes/marijuana/drugs in general. Posts about marijuana always get the cold shoulder because it is the drug dependence aspect of tobacco that has created a stigma that has been unfairly laid on pipesmokers and this misnomer of medical marijuana (what disease does it cure?) isn't helping. I absolutely hate the fact that when I tell someone that I make pipes I have to hem and haw and qualify it because they automatically think I am a stoner. Ok, I way over spent my two cents.
Without Wax (Sincerely),
Nathan
www.armentroutpipes.com
Boekweg

Post by Boekweg »

Ok. I do see where your coming from. Understood. Sorry if i offended.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Takes more than that to offend here. Trust me.

Back to JKP - I got some. It's interesting. I like that you get to cut it up etc. But in the pipe it didn't dance for me. It nearly did a couple times... it bounced off the edges of magic a couple times but the flavor receded again.

It reminded me a little of Irish Flake, sort of an attention-getting muscularity to the overall flavor profile. Very much a man-o-the-woods type of blend. Not real sweet, not super strong (I was able to smoke most of a bowl). Just good hard-edged but balanced tobacco.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!