Carter hall... and lessons learned

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
Dixie_piper

Carter hall... and lessons learned

Post by Dixie_piper »

I have been following advice given here on the forum in efforts to pinpoint a favorite style/blend of tobacco.
Today I tried Carter Hall for the first time, still a drug store brand but I was impressed. It also showed me that I'm more of a "burley" fan than I'd thought before. If you haven't tried it, I recommend it. No it won't blow your mind, but it comes out of the pouch with perfect moisture content, starting with a wine sorta taste and ending in a nutty tobacco taste. Great for use in "yard pipes," because you can't make this stuff bite so it requires little attention.
Again, I know there are endless blends, etc, just wanted to give a "try this" to the newbies, such as myslef, on a budget.
Lesson learned; the big "A" bags of tobacco I was getting cheap, are actually cigarette tobacco SOLD as pipe tobacco to avoid being taxed to death. While it was cheap, it is not satisfactory at all (with the exception of Red Cap blend no. 7)
Next pay period; G.L. Pease & who knows what else ;)
Regards,
Adam

Veo Vendice
&
Deum Timete
(family motto)
Archer

Re: Carter hall... and lessons learned

Post by Archer »

I dig the Carter Hall. Its also nice with Black Cavendish and Vanilla if youre into blending. Makes a real nice mellow fragrant smoke.

Frankly, I used to smoke cigs (the smell was killing me though) and the aromatic blends are the only thing my wife will let me get away with now...