cellaring tobacco

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
mightysmurf8201

cellaring tobacco

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

Does anybody use this website to keep track of their cellar? I just recently discovered the wonders of aging, and to the detriment of my wallet, I'm starting to put some things away for future enjoyment. I've started out with putting away some Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky and Escudo, and I've got a few others in mind to procure over the next few months as my budget allows. What's everyone's favorite blends to cellar?
http://tobaccocellar.org
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
sandahlpipe

Re: cellaring tobacco

Post by sandahlpipe »

I've used that site for a while now. I got busy and stopped keeping track over the summer. I try to buy two or more tins at a time and smoke one and keep the other for later. Escudo ages exceptionally well, so I've got plenty of that. I like cellaring anything that's Virginia or VaPer. From what I've heard, burleys don't change as much with age, and Latakia gets mellow most of the time.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

I have tried keeping everything in a journal and thought about using this site. In the end I don't ever remember to write down what I add and kinda like the surprise of digging around and finding something I had forgotten about. I do put a label on things when I add them to my cellar...so at least I know when I put them there.
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
hawky454

Post by hawky454 »

I used to but over the years I lost interest. Would be fun to go back and look at some of the numbers.
Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

I just mason jar it , put on the name and exact date and put it up!!! Works great.When you go through it ; like memory lane, then I smoke it!
Billy Klubb

Post by Billy Klubb »

I just ordered a few things last night. Tsuge's Gunjin & First Days of Spring, Molto Dolce, and Chatham Manor. I've never had First Days or Molto Dolce, but hear Molto does great things when cellared for a year or two. from wheat I was reading, it sounds like First Days will be the same way.
There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

scotties22 wrote:I have tried keeping everything in a journal and thought about using this site. In the end I don't ever remember to write down what I add and kinda like the surprise of digging around and finding something I had forgotten about. I do put a label on things when I add them to my cellar...so at least I know when I put them there.
That's my situation as well. I do, however, try to keep a journal as to the taste, etc of 'baccy, but not how much I have. I estimate I have 90 tins or so and maybe 75 pounts in mason jars. I tend to go overboard on things.

This sight looks pretty good, though, I might do an inventory soon and give it a try.
AdamCordray

Post by AdamCordray »

I've tried to join this site, but I can't seem to log in... Can anyone comment as to whether Tobaccocellar.org is currently up and running? Or at least still working for them?

Adam Cordray
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

AdamCordray wrote:I've tried to join this site, but I can't seem to log in... Can anyone comment as to whether Tobaccocellar.org is currently up and running? Or at least still working for them?

Adam Cordray

Comes up for me.
Ratimus

Post by Ratimus »

Ryan Richardson
R2 Pipes/Ryan's Luxury Goods

Post by AdamCordray »

I mean, the website comes up, but when I try to log in it just stays On the home page and says I am not logged in.