Group Ebonite buy

A place for businesses to post advertisements selling the raw materiasls for pipe making. (Briar, stems, rod stock, exotic woods, etc.)
TRS
Site Supporter

Re: Group Ebonite buy

Post by TRS »

Tyler wrote:I'd propose 22mm in black and in Cumberland.
I second this.
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Just putting it out there in case people weren't aware, NYH cumberland is available from Marco Janzen with no minimum order. I buy my ebonite from SEM but prefer the NYH Cumberland, because the minimum order is so high it just makes sense to buy from Marco, especially in the larger sizes, I use a lot of 22mm cumberland but rarely need the 25mm.
NathanA
Site Supporter

Post by NathanA »

BeatusLiebowitz wrote:
Tyler wrote:I'd propose 22mm in black and in Cumberland.
I second this.

Third!
Without Wax (Sincerely),
Nathan
www.armentroutpipes.com
mredmond
Site Supporter

Group Ebonite buy

Post by mredmond »

22 mm black and Cumberland sounds good to me.
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

caskwith wrote:Just putting it out there in case people weren't aware, NYH cumberland is available from Marco Janzen with no minimum order. I buy my ebonite from SEM but prefer the NYH Cumberland, because the minimum order is so high it just makes sense to buy from Marco, especially in the larger sizes, I use a lot of 22mm cumberland but rarely need the 25mm.
Chris, Marco's and PME's prices on NYH Cumberland has a considerable mark up compared to buying direct if we have enough folks interested.

I'm with Tyler on the 22mm Cumberland and ebonite.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Nate

Post by Nate »

wdteipen wrote:<Snip>...I'm with Tyler on the 22mm Cumberland and ebonite.
Sounds like a plan.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Alright. 22mm it is.
LAH

Post by LAH »

22mm will work for me on both colors.

Abe
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

wdteipen wrote:
caskwith wrote:Just putting it out there in case people weren't aware, NYH cumberland is available from Marco Janzen with no minimum order. I buy my ebonite from SEM but prefer the NYH Cumberland, because the minimum order is so high it just makes sense to buy from Marco, especially in the larger sizes, I use a lot of 22mm cumberland but rarely need the 25mm.
Chris, Marco's and PME's prices on NYH Cumberland has a considerable mark up compared to buying direct if we have enough folks interested.

Ahh was not aware PME sold it as well. Just thought I would put it out there in case you can't make the minimum order :)
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

caskwith wrote:
wdteipen wrote:

Ahh was not aware PME sold it as well. Just thought I would put it out there in case you can't make the minimum order :)

Yeah, thanks for the supplier tip anyways. I like Marco's acrylic "cumberland." It looks like the acrylic Peterson uses on their Irish Harp line which I really like. I've not seen it anywhere else. His prices are a bit steep compared to PME's acrylic but I might have to spring for some of that since PME doesn't carry that particular rod. You're right though. If we can't make the minimum order on NYH's Cumberland ebonite then I'll just have to keep getting it from PME. I figured the minimum number of rods we would have to purchase if we go with the 22mm. I'll post them once we have a good consensus and then track where we are at.
Wayne Teipen
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

So, if we go with black and cumberland ebonite we would meet the minimum order of each with a total of 27 rods of black and 25 rods of cumberland. I think we can do it. I will likely order a total of 10 rods myself so that leaves 42 more. If you want to go in on the group buy from NYH then post whether you are still in and how many of each rod you want and I will keep a running total on the first post of this thread so we can keep track of where we are.
Wayne Teipen
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

1 black/2 cumberland

Thank you Wayne
Nate

Post by Nate »

I'd be down for 10 as well Wayne.
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

im in for at least 2 black and 1 cumberland. The price seems the same as buying from pme, except you are getting a 40" length, rather than 20" at pme.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

fuchi_jeg wrote:im in for at least 2 black and 1 cumberland. The price seems the same as buying from pme, except you are getting a 40" length, rather than 20" at pme.
In all likelihood, PME is paying the same price we will be.

So for the guy who preached twice today, helped a friend move from a third-floor apartment, and then helped a friend who is opening a fly shop organize flies...what's the cost/rod? I'm sorry if I missed it, my brain works not any now.

Tyler
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Tyler wrote:
fuchi_jeg wrote:im in for at least 2 black and 1 cumberland. The price seems the same as buying from pme, except you are getting a 40" length, rather than 20" at pme.
In all likelihood, PME is paying the same price we will be.

So for the guy who preached twice today, helped a friend move from a third-floor apartment, and then helped a friend who is opening a fly shop organize flies...what's the cost/rod? I'm sorry if I missed it, my brain works not any now.

Tyler
At the 8/15/11 exchange rate:

22mm rough black ebonite = 37.96 EURO = $54.11 USD
22mm rough cumberland = 41.52 EURO = $59.18 USD
Wayne Teipen
taharris

Post by taharris »

Please put me down for 1 M of each.

Thanks,

Todd
NathanA
Site Supporter

Post by NathanA »

Put me down for 3 black and 2 cumberland.

I could probably be persuaded to order more if we are still under the minimum.
Without Wax (Sincerely),
Nathan
www.armentroutpipes.com
nolo

Post by nolo »

I'm in for 2 black, 1 cumberland
kkendall

Post by kkendall »

e Markle wrote:Oh,
If you're buying from SEM, I'm less interested. I'll still keep tabs on this thread though.
Same here - if it's SEM, I won't be interested.