New Briar Website

A place for businesses to post advertisements selling the raw materiasls for pipe making. (Briar, stems, rod stock, exotic woods, etc.)
Leanu

New Briar Website

Post by Leanu »

Hey All,

I have launched our new briar website:

http://www.thebriarshop.com/

We will have the items up by this atfternoon.

Any questions or comments welcome!

Leanu
Leanu Calvin Eichelberger
bregolad

Re: New Briar Website

Post by bregolad »

has anyone tried this vendor? I'd love to know some first hand thoughts
J&J Pipes
jnjpipes.com
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

I placed a small order with them yesterday to try their product. Shipped the same day!
Advertised as Extra quality from Spain.
I'll report back later.
JeremyV

Post by JeremyV »

I ordered 10 small extra plateaux blocks a few weeks ago. Upon arrival, I immediately took them to the shop and put them on a 120 grit belt to take a look at the grain. A few have some nice grain to them, but nothing "moving". Where I was disappointed was in the fact that two of the blocks had small cracks visible on the outside. They were small and didn't look too deep, so I didn't get too concerned. Then I drilled the first block and put it to the grinder. It exposed a nasty fission and two cracks (running different directions).

I still have 9 others to cut into after I have the time to set up my new lathe <does happy dance>, so I'm hoping for the best. I'll repost after I've cut into a few more.
bregolad

Post by bregolad »

It sounds like they're re-selling Jaume hom's blocks then. I had a batch directly from him in which I encountered many of those little fissures. Those are usually a sign of a hasty curing time. decent price though, so not much to complain about.

I guess the mark-up here serves to pay for the much quicker service. It takes several months to get briar from europe on the cheap
J&J Pipes
jnjpipes.com
Boekweg

Post by Boekweg »

OK, so here is one for all you experts out there, . . . . where do you purchase top notch briar from??? What i am asking is,.... even if it cost a little extra "$$$" where is the #1 online place to purchase top quality briar?
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Boekweg wrote:OK, so here is one for all you experts out there, . . . . where do you purchase top notch briar from??? What i am asking is,.... even if it cost a little extra "$$$" where is the #1 online place to purchase top quality briar?
Mimmo.

http://www.romeobriar.com/main.html

Rad
Boekweg

Post by Boekweg »

Thank you Rad.