Briar Sale from J. Alan Pipes

A place for businesses to post advertisements selling the raw materiasls for pipe making. (Briar, stems, rod stock, exotic woods, etc.)
jeff

Briar Sale from J. Alan Pipes

Post by jeff »

Gentlemen,

It is that time of year again. Last year I offered a small number of briar blocks for sale to you all and that time has arrived yet again. Once again, these are blocks from my own stock and are of the same quality, cut, and origin as the wood used in my pipes. This time I have 21 pieces of Plateaux blocks ranging in size from approximately 2 1/2"- 5" long, 1 3/4"-2 1/4" wide, and 2 1/2"-3 1/2" tall. These blocks have been curing in my shop for over a year and were cured by the mill for several years before I received them. Additionally, I'm offering 4 pieces of ebauchon for sale as well. These are very large pieces and as you can see in the photos, they have very good, consistent graining.

Click here to see samples

As with the previous offering of 25 blocks, the pieces in the photos were randomly chosen to give an accurate sampling of the quality of briar that is being sold. Additionally, these blocks are very well cut. I know this is important to those of you who drill on drill presses or on the lathe. These pieces will certainly help you out if that is your situation.

The prices are a little higher than last time, but also demonstrate better graining in general. However, those of you who buy your briar domestically are aware that these prices are very good in comparison to what is out there and I can promise you that the quality of the wood is excellent. The prices are as follows:

Plateaux:
$20/pp

Ebauchon:
$15/pp

As with last time, there is a two-block minimum.

Shipping will be by USPS Priority mail and will be at the buyer's expense. I don't charge anything for handling, so you will pay actual shipping.

The last batch of briar sold in several hours, so if you are interested, I would recommend that you move quickly.

Send me a PM or an email if you are interested.

Best regards,

Jeff
jeff

Post by jeff »

13 Plateaux and 4 Ebauchon blocks remaining

Jeff
jeff

Post by jeff »

3 Plateaux blocks remaining

If you were waiting to purchase, now is the time.
marks

Post by marks »

I'm tempted, but I have not begun to use the blocks I bought from you last year. Hopefully, you will do this again in the future. :)
jeff

Post by jeff »

...gone.

If enough people have an interest, I might be able to do this more often. To get an idea of the interest, just make a quick post with your opinion.

Jeff
JSPipes

Post by JSPipes »

Jeff, I'm definately interested in more briar!

Joel
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Jeff

Per our phone coversation, count me in.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
marks

Post by marks »

At the present time, I am pretty well stocked given my production. At some point, however, I would probably be interested in either buying some briar, or going in on a larger quantity when you place an order. I still need to work the briar I got from you last year, though, so it will be a year or two before I am ready for more.