Taking orders for custom tampers!

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
AAdomeit

Taking orders for custom tampers!

Post by AAdomeit »

Hi guys!

I have finally found a way for me to start building up funds to start making pipes and hopefully join the ranks of the skilled pipe makers here!

I am taking orders for custom, hand made tampers.

I will be using (for now) Swedish morta (bog oak) and brass. Depending on the order, I can also upgrade to damascus steel, pewter, bronze, black walnut, purple heart wood, stone, custom sculpts (from a two-part epoxy putty), antler,and various exotic woods.

Custom Sculpts: These will be based around a brass armature, with a brass or hardwood foot. Any design that can be drawn can be sculpted (I have proof! I've been published for my sculpting), and the sculpt can be painted upon request. For an idea, go to http://s7.invisionfree.com/Sorax/index. ... pic=7&st=0 to see the material in use. The epoxy putty is non-toxic, and very hard when dry.

Bog Oak: 500 years old, imported from an area near Falkenberg, Sweden. There is a VERY limited supply of this material.

Damascus Steel: very expensive to import and to work, but very beautiful and durable. Imported from the Soderfors foundry in Sweden - also limited supply.

Bronze: Swedish, hand cast and mixed by me. VERY limited supply.

Right now, I have enough material on hand for one to two dozen (to be generous) tampers. I can do inlays of various materials as well, and tampers can be personallized if requested. Laquer, stained (teak oil), oiled (vegetable oil) and natural finishes available.

Let me know if you're interested!