Jaws For Holding Briar in Your Chuck!

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
RayMcDaniel

Re: Jaws For Holding Briar in Your Chuck!

Post by RayMcDaniel »

Massis wrote:
RayMcDaniel wrote:
Massis wrote:Hey Steve, can you make these with center pins as well? I'm looking for a set of jaws to fit on my Oneway chuck, but I really want a set with a pin in each jaw...
Hey Masis, excuse the new guy question but what exactly are the center pins used for? Thanks
pinpoint the intersection of airway & chamber, so you can rotate on that axis and always have perfect drilling.
Cool. I'm going to have to look for videos of that on YouTube so I can see how that works. Also I need to look for a video showing the particular way that you have to set up the drilling with these Jaws that Steve laid out as I'm not sure I understand that either.
RayMcDaniel

Post by RayMcDaniel »

Ordered! Can't wait to turn my first pipe !
Massis

Post by Massis »

I finally gave in as well, and ordered a set :-)
smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

I need too get in here more often.......... I haven't looked at this post in a while. Lot's going on. Finally getting away with the wife so she can relax.

On top of her illness we now have custody of our hearing impaired 3 year old grandson.

Thanks for the orders guys...... I hope that they work out for you well. The money will be well spent on our trip.

We plan to travel out west. We want to go to Vegas, so the wife can say she's been there, Grand Canyon and Yellowstone. We have done Yellowstone in the winter by snow mobile but want to do it in the summer by car.

It should be a great trip.
Pipe Maker in the Making!
ReverendThom

Post by ReverendThom »

I got a set in the mail today. They're great!
smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

Hey there everyone, I haven't left you really. Just a lot going on in my life in the last 4-5 years. Major changes knocked me around a bit but I'm getting the hang of it in what I call my second life.
I won't go into details and bore any of you. But, if you want to know and have nothing much to do I'll be happy to tell you my sob story. ; )

I hope that everyone is staying well during this crazy time as we are all in it together/apart! I know it's definitely a big change with schools done for the year, shut downs, lock downs, stay at home orders and toilet paper shortages. It can make it difficult, but we are surviving here and hope you all are doing good as well.

Anyway, although I haven't really made any recently, I am still making the chuck jaws on request so feel free to message me and I'll get you a set made up. So if you need a set or just want to discuss something about anything, send me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Pipe Maker in the Making!