Tribal Arrows...

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
JMG

Tribal Arrows...

Post by JMG »

If I need to move this to the "off topic" just let me know...

I have three tribal arrows from the Hewa people that I work with for sale. These arrows were all made by the Hewa people completely from bush materials.

From top to bottom (1-3):
1. The white color is from a type of clay that is found in the river bed near our village and the red is from a specific flower pod that is also used to make a type of poison that is often used to tip the arrows during a hunt. The black stuff that is seen where the tip is attached to the bamboo shaft is a type of sap of sorts produced by sweat flies. It is gathered from their nest that are typically built near the base of trees. It is used as a sort of epoxy. This arrow would be used for smaller game such as birds, tree kangaroos, etc. Price is $60

2. This arrow is used for larger game such as wild pigs or cassowary birds. It is tipped with the toenail of a cassowary bird which are known as the "deadliest bird in the world." It has some pretty gnarly barbs. The white color is from a type of clay that is found in the river bed near our village. Price is $100

3. This one is made for smaller game, but has some really nice tight barbs. The tip is made from a type of black palm. It also has some nice braid work. The white color is from a type of clay that is found in the river bed near our village. Price is $75

The arrows are out of order in this picture, so if you are interested in buying one of them please refer to the first photo...
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
Oakbear

Re: Tribal Arrows...

Post by Oakbear »

They're awesome.
JMG

Re: Tribal Arrows...

Post by JMG »

The black one is sold.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad