Tribal Bow & Arrows...PRICE CHANGE!

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
JMG

Tribal Bow & Arrows...PRICE CHANGE!

Post by JMG »

Trying to put together some pennies together to get some pipe-making equipment...

I have an authentic bow and arrows from the Hewa people of Papua New Guinea for sale. I've brought back arrows before but this is the first time I've been able to get the bow back as well. For sale is the bow made out of a type of Black Palm with "string" which is a strip of bamboo that has been weaved at the ends with a natural string made from the skin of a certain kind of tree.

Also, for sale in this set are three arrows. The first has a carved tip of bamboo used for larger game such as wild pigs and cassowary birds. The second is a multi-prong arrow used for shooting birds and fish. The last arrow is barbed and is used or shooting larger game, but in times of tribal fighting it is one of the two Hewa arrows consider to be "man arrows". All three arrow tips are attached by being inserted in the bamboo shaft and held in place with an intricate weave of a particular vine that the Hewa traditionally believe is possessed by a spirit that can greatly affect their hunts. Also, used is a black tar looking substance that is actually gathered from the nest of what many of us missionaries call "sweat flies" that build their nest at the base of trees. It is used as a sort of epoxy.

The bow is 65 1/2" long with the string attached. It will be shipped with the string unattached, however, to prevent breaking. All three arrows are apx. 47" long.

Due to the rarity of this item I'm asking $300, shipped.

I'm here just for some scale. I'm 5'11"

Last edited by JMG on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
sandahlpipe

Re: Tribal Bow & Arrows...

Post by sandahlpipe »

That's really neat.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
JMG

Re: Tribal Bow & Arrows...

Post by JMG »

PRICE CHANGE!!! I just noticed I put the wrong price on these bow and arrows.It was meant to be $300 NOT $500...sorry for the mess up.

d.huber

Re: Tribal Bow & Arrows...PRICE CHANGE!

Post by d.huber »

JMG wrote:PRICE CHANGE!!! I just noticed I put the wrong price on these bow and arrows.It was meant to be $300 NOT $500...sorry for the mess up.
That's really cool. I love the photos of the Hewa people.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
JMG

Re: Tribal Bow & Arrows...PRICE CHANGE!

Post by JMG »

SOLD.