Anone have the J.T. Cooke pipe making DVD?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
adryazad

Re: Anone have the J.T. Cooke pipe making DVD?

Post by adryazad »

Man I'm interested in this also..

Anyone have anymore? I'd pay for shipping. Alternatively, like someone said here.. would it be ok if someone ripped the DVD and posted it on rapidshare or something?

Cheers,

Adry
hawky454

Post by hawky454 »

Do ya have to have an account with Rapidshare? I'm willing to do that if it's free.
Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Delays aside (they shipping out a couple per day), I actually ripped the video to MP4 and toyed with converting it to flash video so that I could host it here. Maybe I'll play with that idea tonight or this weekend.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
hawky454

Post by hawky454 »

Well there ya have it. Kurt is the man.
Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog.
AirrikWeaver

Post by AirrikWeaver »

I just heard about this dvd. does anyone still have them available? Im really hoping to step up my game. ill pay shipping.
sethile

Post by sethile »

Back when I started this thread the Cooke DVD was unusual. These days it's possible to find lots of great videos if you search the archives here, or just checking out various pipe maker websites and youtube. Chris Askwith has some great videos on his youtube channel, for instance: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... with+pipes
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------
mightysmurf8201

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
Massis

Post by Massis »

I still have the DVD somewhere, I can put it on dropbox if needed :-) As far as I am aware that would not be a problem legally?

edit: my memory is terrible, the link above points to a topic 2 years back where I uploaded it to dropbox, where it currently is still active :-P
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Personally I didn't find the video that informative, there just isn't the detail required and the camera work is pretty poor. Of course it was made long before we were used to well lit HD youtube videos.
Massis

Post by Massis »

caskwith wrote:Personally I didn't find the video that informative, there just isn't the detail required and the camera work is pretty poor. Of course it was made long before we were used to well lit HD youtube videos.
Yup, the video is pre internet age. Heck, even when I got it through this forum back in 2011 it was ok-ish and not nearly as outdated as it is now, only 5 years later... Even a terrible cameraphone in an even worse lit shop now yields better image quality. But it's still fun to watch :-)

Especially the part where he describes how he'll get Santa's little helpers to beat you to death on Christmas eve if you ever put wax on a JT cooke pipe :-D or how he doesn't use shellac because it's heat sensitive (as if it's the most blatantly obvious thing in the world). He sounds like a really fun guy to be around :lol:
FrJacob

Post by FrJacob »

Color me late to the party but I'd really like to see this video. Couldn't it be uploaded onto YouTube?
"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to put in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis [False assumption: one never speaks with a pipe in his mouth].