Anone have the J.T. Cooke pipe making DVD?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
sethile

Anone have the J.T. Cooke pipe making DVD?

Post by sethile »

Hello All,

I've been trying to get one of the J.T. Cooke DVDs. I ran into Jim at the NASPC show a few weeks ago and he no longer has them available. He said if I can find someone that has one I should just make a copy of it.

So, I'd love to do just that!

PLEASE, If anyone has it, I'd love to get a copy and will be happy to offset the costs. Or if it's easier, send it to me and I'll copy it myself and fire it right back to you with a few bucks or a chunk of briar or something.....

BTW, if any of you getting started have yet to see this, it's a great video of J.T. Cooke making a pipe, pretty much start to finish. The version on the web is a little blurry and is apparently not all of what is on the DVD, but it was a huge help to me when I got started early last year: http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/educatio ... eminar.ram

Please let me know if you have the DVD and would consider helping me out with a copy or a short loan. E-mail me at sethile.pipes@gmail.com or PM me, or just reply here.... Thanks!
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------
caskwith

Re: Anone have the J.T. Cooke pipe making DVD?

Post by caskwith »

To revive an old topic I too would love a copy of this.
sethile

Post by sethile »

Chris (Caskwith), PM sent....

Jeff Gracik of J. Alan pipes was kind enough to loan me his copy shortly after I posted this originally. I made several copies from his and gave them all away but one. I recently made some more copies since I get a request for one from time to time. Chris is in England (I think) so I've offered to send him a copy for the cost of postage.

If there are a bunch of people that want copies here in the states, I'll also send a copy to someone here for free if they are willing to make copies of it and send it to the others that are interested.

Jeff helped me out, and I'm happy to pass that on, but I'd also like to pass along the responsibility to pass some more of them along :wink:

Also, those of us that are helped by this DVD should perhaps consider sending Jim a check along with our thanks. He has not wanted anything from these copies, but it certainly seems appropriate. He's been very generous with it.
Scott E. Thile
---------------------
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

Hi Scott,
I'd be interested. Are you going to Chicago? If not, let me know and I'll shoot you my info. Thanks!
Boekweg

Post by Boekweg »

I would also be interested in a copy of that video.
Thanks.
Massis

Post by Massis »

I too have a great interest in a copy, and I'm in the EU...
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

I'm interested in a good copy.. i have the downloaded version..

James
sethile

Post by sethile »

Update:

OK, folks, thanks for the volunteers! I have DVDs going out today to KurtHuhn, Caskwith (in the UK), hawky454, and ricebiscuit. Kurt and hawky454 have also volunteered to get more copies out to others interested, so they can follow up with anyone else who wants one. Perhaps Caskwith can help with folks in the UK and the EU and otherwise across the pond to cut down on postage?

And, let's think about how to remember Jim's initial effort in all of this too!
Scott E. Thile
---------------------
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

If there is anyone in the UK or Europe that wants a copy I can easily go and buy a few blank DVDs and run off some copies. Would certainly be happy to do that as long as they cover postage and maybe a beer :lol:

Not sure about how easy it would be to send a little gift to Jim, sending a cheque from this side of the pond can be expensive for both parties, does he use paypal, if not maybe someone here who does could collect funds and forward a group cheque with our thanks?
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

I can help for those in Germany. My address is an APO so shipping to me is just pennies from one of our new US distributors and I can forward to those here who wanted a copy

james
hawky454

Post by hawky454 »

Send me a personal message with your name and address (U.S. only) and I will send you out a free copy of the DVD.

Much appreciation goes out to both Seth and J.T, for this is a very humble gift.
Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog.
Massis

Post by Massis »

caskwith wrote:If there is anyone in the UK or Europe that wants a copy I can easily go and buy a few blank DVDs and run off some copies. Would certainly be happy to do that as long as they cover postage and maybe a beer :lol:

Not sure about how easy it would be to send a little gift to Jim, sending a cheque from this side of the pond can be expensive for both parties, does he use paypal, if not maybe someone here who does could collect funds and forward a group cheque with our thanks?
caskwith, could you give me an idea how much it would be to ship this dvd to Belgium? I'm very interested and will happily cover postage & a beer (as long it's a Belgian beer...)
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

Massis

I'll be in Ieper the first weekend in June.. taking part in the 100km van Ieper again this year.. If it's cost prohibitive for Chris.. I'll drop you one in the mail when I get there.. Just let me know

http://100km.be/March/Language.aspx

James
vasco

Post by vasco »

Hi,

I'm in Portugal, Europe and I'd love to see that DVD.

But, instead of sending physical DVDs around the planet one could make an iso file and upload it to rapid share or something similar ?
I'll happily pay for it if the author posts his paypal account.
NathanA
Site Supporter

Post by NathanA »

I justed wanted to say a big thank you to Kurt, Chris and hawky454 (sorry, not sure of your real name) for taking the time and expense of burning dvd's and sending them out to everyone. It is that sort of kindness that makes this a great community. Thanks guys! :thumbsup:
Without Wax (Sincerely),
Nathan
www.armentroutpipes.com
Sawdust

Post by Sawdust »

NathanA wrote:I justed wanted to say a big thank you to Kurt, Chris and hawky454 (sorry, not sure of your real name) for taking the time and expense of burning dvd's and sending them out to everyone. It is that sort of kindness that makes this a great community. Thanks guys! :thumbsup:
+1 :!:
r-ice

Post by r-ice »

anyone in Canada have a copy?
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Right just to keep people updated, my copy has arrived. I don't have any blank DVD's at the moment and with Chicago coming up will probably not have time to go get any. Once Chicago is done and out of the way then I will buy some DVD's, burn up a few copies and get them sent out to guys in the UK/Europe that are wanting them. I will put up a post here when I am ready so anyone that needs one can contact me. :)
hawky454

Post by hawky454 »

Sorry folks, I won't be able to send anymore DVD's out for the time being. I'm leaving the states for a long vacation. I believe I took care of all the orders but if you did not receive a DVD from me by now, chances are I accidentally missed you. My apologies, there were an overwhelming number of orders to tend to.

There are at least 3 or 4 other gentlemen that said they would help distribute the video. If you did not receive one from me, please contact one of them. When I return from my trip, I will be happy to continue to mail out copies to those who would benefit from them. Thanks you kindly for your patients!

Best regards,

Vid Trent
Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Hi Guys - as per usual, things get busy all at once. I have them all burned but, but not in envelopes or addressed yet. Hopefully I can get these shipped out Monday afternoon.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com