GKC Carvers Contest Pipes Returned?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
PeskyPrussian

GKC Carvers Contest Pipes Returned?

Post by PeskyPrussian »

First off, congratulations to all of the winners. Its really great seeing a combination of newer and experienced carvers being recognized for their impeccable work. Having not been able to attend the show, I can't wait to see the photos of the lineup all together.

I submitted a pipe for the contest. I didn't win, no shock there. However, in the contest rules it mentioned that the non-winning pipes would be returned after the show.

I included my return address, etc. in the package with the pipe but haven't seen it or heard anything about it since I sent it. Has anyone else who wasn't at the show had their pipes returned to them yet?
Adam Bybee
bybee_pipes - instagram
sandahlpipe

Re: GKC Carvers Contest Pipes Returned?

Post by sandahlpipe »

Last couple years, it took a month or two if I remember before the pipe made it back. The organizers are busy and there are a lot of pipes to ship. I wouldn't worry about it.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

No worries. There are just several shopping-cart-loads of boxes to deal with. Lots of care, lots of documentation, and numerous trips to the PO required.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
PeskyPrussian

Post by PeskyPrussian »

Thanks guys. I figured that might be the case, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
Adam Bybee
bybee_pipes - instagram