Back At It

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
custom300

Back At It

Post by custom300 »

Friends,
I spent several years on this forum back in the early 2000's. This is a great community of very helpful artisan's and craftsman. I appreciate both Kurt and Tyler for their hard work and dedication to keeping this forum alive. I learned a lot over the years and through the help of many on this forum, grew in my perspective and technique. In 2008, due to work pressures and other outside influences, I had to sell my equipment and stop making pipes. I've really missed the creative outlet and the camaraderie of all of these great pipe makers.

Now, I'm retired (and a grandpa) and I'm trying to get my shop set back up, and relearn the tricks and techniques discussed and implemented here. It's good to see some of the major players still active after so many years, and I hope to renew friendships, learn again, and hopefully one day contribute to the community.

Blessings and Peace!

Jamie Blakley
Blessing and Peace

Jamie
DocAitch

Re: Back At It

Post by DocAitch »

Welcome back. I was also a pipe maker who had returned, although my hiatus was 40 years. There were no forums way back then. I have also retired, am a grandpa, and have been setting up a shop. I feel like a Rip Van Winkle who slept 40 years.
DocAitch
"Hettinger, if you stamp 'hand made' on a dog turd, some one will buy it."
-Charles Hollyday, pipe maker, reluctant mentor, and curmudgeon
" Never show an idiot an unfinished pipe!"- same guy
custom300

Post by custom300 »

DocAitch wrote:Welcome back. I was also a pipe maker who had returned, although my hiatus was 40 years. There were no forums way back then. I have also retired, am a grandpa, and have been setting up a shop. I feel like a Rip Van Winkle who slept 40 years.
DocAitch
Nice to make your acquaintance, looks like we have quite about in common. I'll be looking for some of your creations. Have a great day!
Blessing and Peace

Jamie
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

Welcome back. I'm part of the senior citizen contingent also.