2016 GKCPC Carvers Contest

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
scotties22

2016 GKCPC Carvers Contest

Post by scotties22 »

It's time to start thinking about the Author you are going to enter in this year's contest. Just as 2 years ago with the billiard, this year will be judged on execution of the classic Author shape. Your skill level should not discourage you from entering. And if you are at the show it is a great way to get some good feedback on your pipe. Every pipe entered will be in the Fall P&T issue, so the advertising is well worth the $20 entry fee. I would love to see all of you send a pipe for the contest. <------- To be read "I will find out where you live if you don't enter" :twisted: :lol:

All entries must be received (if mailing) by June 23rd to ensure they make it to the show. If you will be at the show you have until Friday evening to get your pipe turned in. The link is below to the GKCPC registration page.

Also, don't forget about the 7 day set raffle!! Tickets are 1 for $25 or 4 for $100. There are only 400 tickets sold for the raffle, so your odds of winning are very very good. Don't miss out on your chance to win the winning 7 pipes and an awesome custom made Scott Tinker stand to display them on.

http://gkcpipeclub.com/Register-Now-2016

Good luck everyone!!
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Re: 2016 GKCPC Carvers Contest

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

working on mine as we.... speak? yeah, whatever. it's going to be on the larger side. exciting times.
Charl

Post by Charl »

Ha! You're reach to get to me will have to be phenomenal!
Besides, you US guys want to keep it all to yourself, just like the Baseball World Championship. :wink:
clickklick

Post by clickklick »

OK Scottie, you convinced me to try. LOL

Paid my 20 bucks, go to the flyer and it is still showing the cavalier from last year. So, I just need to make an author and send it to whom?
Acting like a loon in the front yard, close to the road.
Massis

Post by Massis »

scotties22 wrote: To be read "I will find out where you live if you don't enter" :twisted: :lol:
In that case you'll find out I don't live in North America so I can't even enter :lol:
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Massis wrote:
scotties22 wrote: To be read "I will find out where you live if you don't enter" :twisted: :lol:
In that case you'll find out I don't live in North America so I can't even enter :lol:

Ditto, though maybe I should enter under a pseudonym? :lol:
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

caskwith wrote:
Massis wrote:

Ditto, though maybe I should enter under a pseudonym? :lol:
I've always wanted to visit Europe!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
www.ladybriar.com
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

clickklick wrote:OK Scottie, you convinced me to try. LOL

Paid my 20 bucks, go to the flyer and it is still showing the cavalier from last year. So, I just need to make an author and send it to whom?

Crap!! Thought we had that fixed!! Sorry about that. Yes, the shape is an Author. And send it to Quinton Wells. His address is below. I'll let the powers that be know we still have last year's contest info up in the "rules" section.

Quinton Wells
12827 Haskins St
Overland Park, KS 66213

It is super important that Quinton have your pipe no later than Thursday the 23rd. He goes to the show site for the weekend on Friday morning and doesn't go back home (not joking here!!!).
www.ladybriar.com
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

scotties22 wrote:
Sure come over, smack me around a bit and then I'll take you out to dinner.

Will make a change as usually those activities are reversed and cost me a lot of money :lol:
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

caskwith wrote:
scotties22 wrote:
Sure come over, smack me around a bit and then I'll take you out to dinner.

Will make a change as usually those activities are reversed and cost me a lot of money :lol:
Heath and I are looking for a place to vacation in January!
www.ladybriar.com
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Remember that you can post pics of your contest entry while you are making it. Please do, in fact. It really helps publicize the contest and raffle. If you would like to post the link for the raffle on your social media, the link is below. Anything you guys can do to help promote this thing is greatly appreciated.

Contest is judged Friday night at the show. The winners are announced Saturday afternoon. The drawing is held on Sunday afternoon. The winner does not have to be present and the club will ship the set anywhere in the world (even if I have to pay for it out of my own pocket).

Tickets can be purchased at: www.gkcpipeclub.com . There is a "buy it now" button down the page a bit, just scroll down.

Thanks guy,
Scottie
www.ladybriar.com
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Time is running out! If you are entering a pipe make sure you ship it in time for it to arrive no later than June 23rd. Quinton leaves for the show site early Friday morning and will not return home until Sunday. If he does not have your pipe by the 23rd it will not be entered in the contest. His address is below for those that need it. If you will be mailing your pipe make sure you go to http://gkcpipeclub.com/event-2215814 and register for the contest. Please also make sure that you put a business card or your contact information in the box with your pipe. For those of you that will be at the show you must have your pipe turned in before judging begins on Friday night. You can turn your pipes in at the registration table.

Quinton Wells
12827 Haskins St
Overland Park, KS 66213
www.ladybriar.com
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Please help promote the contest and raffle by posting about it on your social media accounts. You CAN post pictures of your entries before the show!! Please help us sell raffle tickets by sending your followers to http://gkcpipeclub.com/event-2215817. There are only 400 tickets available for the raffle.
www.ladybriar.com
mightysmurf8201

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

Turns out, I don't think I'll be able to finish my author in time. I'm going out of town Friday for a couple weeks and I've got one more commission to get out the door before then. Shit's out of control at work and too many projects at home that take priority. I WILL finish it when I get back and I'll post in the gallery for critique. I really wish I had the time to finish, but it is what it is. I look forward to seeing everyone else's submitions. Don't kill me Scottie.
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

You are now officially 1st on my list, Manny.....live in fear!!!!!

All good. Would have loved to have seen it at the show. :-)
www.ladybriar.com
taharris

Post by taharris »

Got mine sent in.
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Hurry up and get those pipes finished!!! You still have time to overnight your pipe today. And if you need more time, and ask me really nice, you can overnight the pipe to my house tomorrow and I will make sure it gets to the show when it is delivered on Friday!!!!!!

We still need help selling tickets for the raffle. If you all could direct your customers to gkcpipeclub.com to purchase tickets it would be a huge help. At last count we still right at 150 tickets available.
www.ladybriar.com
sandahlpipe

Post by sandahlpipe »

I sent mine off. I've seen a lot of really beautiful entries.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

The Fall P&T issue mailed last week and should have arrived in most places by now.

The good news? The contest was easily the most competitive so far. You guys are gettin' good.

The bad news? The contest pics were taken by a legit pro photographer, but, unfortunately, one who wasn't coached about what needed to be SEEN in a pipe photo. (I'm assuming everyone figured somebody else had taken care of that detail. I know I did.) The result was top-down-ish oblique shots where the curves that make Authors so special can't really be seen. All the entries look pretty much the same. :(

Anyway. There you go.

I'm not sure how many of the winners got their start on this forum, but it was most if not all. Tyler, please take another bow. :D
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

I have to state, Tyler should take a bow!!! He has contributed much and tolerated even more. I know he is smiling at all this!!! He has added much to the quiver... :notworthy: