This forum must be broken

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
LatakiaLover

This forum must be broken

Post by LatakiaLover »

Hardly anyone posts here anymore.

I'm gonna blame... let's see... the Whippersnappers.

Yup. It's gotta be them, spiriting everyone off to TwooterLand to book their faces instagramatically. It's the only possible explanation.

Tyler, you might as well give Kurt the master keys to this place, buy yourself an iPhone 9 with a teraflop processor and 20 exabytes of storage, and get connected. Cuz... it's, you know... the future.

:(
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
sandahlpipe

Re: This forum must be broken

Post by sandahlpipe »

My excuse is that I'm making pipes for Chicago when I'm not busy working at my day job or preparing to sell our house, buy a new one, and move across town. I will try to liven things up after Chicago...
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

I ran out of anything interesting to say about a decade ago George, at least that's what the missus tells me.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

The whippersnappers have found out it's not easy to make a living doing this, especially if you have responsibilities; or a life.It will pick up after Chicago! :)
The Smoking Yeti

Post by The Smoking Yeti »

Yeah, I've been going crazier than usual in the shop. It looks like I'll hit my 15 pipe mark for Chicago though!
My pipemaking stream of conscience/ website:

http://yetipipe.tumblr.com/
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

My excuse is that I'm making pipes for Chicago when I'm not busy working at my day job or preparing to sell our house, buy a new one, and move across TO A NEW TOWN. I will try to liven things up after Chicago...
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

My excuse is that I'm coaching little league, working my day job, and making pipes for Chicago. I'm not selling my house though or moving across town so my excuse isn't as strong as some. I do however spend the time I would be selling my house by checking in here daily. My time would probably be better spent making pipes for Chicago.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

Wayne. As your lawyer I advise you to sell your house as soon as possible. Everyone else is already doing it.
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

Solomon_pipes wrote:Wayne. As your lawyer I advise you to sell your house as soon as possible. Everyone else is already doing it.
'cuz they all went broke trying to be pipe maulers and now they have to sell the family farm.
kamkiel

Post by kamkiel »

I was thinking Chicago was probably the reason this place has been so quiet lately. I was hoping that maybe some of you would be willing to post you Chi-pipes (maybe like a group shot) in your introduction spot. I really want to see everyone's work, but I am in a heavily censored land where there is no future i.e. Facebook twitter instawhatever and all that stuff. Hell, tobaccodays is even blocked over here.
Josh B.

Post by Josh B. »

Whippersnapper reporting in. I still try to post as much as i can. But pipedreamer is right.... way harder to make a living doing this than i could've imagined. still miles more satisfying than the average nine to five
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Chicago, pah. I had my pipes made and sent out a month ago, y'all need to up your game ;)
Alden

Post by Alden »

I just latch myself to other posts and inject sarcasm. I need a healthy amount of prey to operate efficiently, thus my lack of commentary.
mightysmurf8201

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

I've been out breaking ice on the great lakes to keep the shipping lanes open. Just doin my part to keep commerce rolling. No big deal 8)
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

mightysmurf8201 wrote:I've been out breaking ice on the great lakes to keep the shipping lanes open. Just doin my part to keep commerce rolling. No big deal 8)
Cool. Are you waving at the camera in any of these pics?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sit ... b0MzH93csc
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
mightysmurf8201

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

LatakiaLover wrote:
mightysmurf8201 wrote:I've been out breaking ice on the great lakes to keep the shipping lanes open. Just doin my part to keep commerce rolling. No big deal 8)
Cool. Are you waving at the camera in any of these pics?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sit ... b0MzH93csc
Haha! Possibly. I'm stationed on the Hollyhock. The black hull that appears quite a bit in that link. Hull # 214. We're about to finish up a 10 day dry dock in Duluth, then we'll be working buoys for the next month or so in 3 of the Great Lakes.
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
mcgregorpipes

Post by mcgregorpipes »

if the gallery looks a little broken its because my good server took a crap after the most recent stint of 1000 days uptime ;) only have a couple small sites so going now so thinking server might be spare parts and should move it to google cloud or something cheap, suggestions welcome. luckily there's a backup just need to find a place to put it, eta soon.