Bulk buy at vermontfreehand

For discussion of fitting and shaping stems, doing inlays, and any other stem-related topic.
notow1

Bulk buy at vermontfreehand

Post by notow1 »

I just saw the bulk buy for the sem ebonite rods. Is Anyone participating in this? I have been hesitant to buy the expensive stuff because I still end up wasting a lot of material but this might be a way to get My feet wet. Any opinions and advice would be appreciated, Norm.
mightysmurf8201

Re: Bulk buy at vermontfreehand

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

I'll be getting in on it. If you're looking for a particular color that would otherwise be difficult to obtain, as is the case for me, then this is the way to go.
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
notow1

Post by notow1 »

Okay, I think I'll try this but I am a little confused about the single swirl and the 8 swirl. Is the 8 swirl the marble or the mottled? Thanks for any help, Norm.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Think of it this way Norm: to make cumberland, you are mixing two colors, let's just say red and black. You could do this by taking a bunch of little red rods and a bunch of little black rods, and mashing and twisting and melting them together, which would be like the 8-point. Or you could take a sheet of red and a sheet of black and roll them up together, and that would be more like the single swirl. You get a much finer pattern and a sort of less garish swirl effect out of the 8-point.

I think.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
notow1

Post by notow1 »

Thanks for the replies but I am trying to find out ( for ordering purposes ) if the 8 swirl is the marble or the mottled. I know I want the 8 swirl so should I make sure what I want is available in either the marbled or the mottled? Thanks again, Norm.
mightysmurf8201

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

notow1 wrote:Thanks for the replies but I am trying to find out ( for ordering purposes ) if the 8 swirl is the marble or the mottled. I know I want the 8 swirl so should I make sure what I want is available in either the marbled or the mottled? Thanks again, Norm.
When you make your order through this link http://vermontfreehand.com/product/sem- ... group-buy/ you will order it as the 8 swirl. On the order form, Steve does not list it as marbled or mottled, only 1 swirl, 8 swirl or unicolor. Hope this helps.
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
notow1

Post by notow1 »

Thank You, that is what I was trying to figure out, Norm.