P & T magazine

General pipe discussion
bikedoctor
Site Supporter

P & T magazine

Post by bikedoctor »

Anyone get the latest issue?
I'm starting to think that yet another pipe magazine is about to die.
Help me understand how I can be receiving the Winter 2010 addition. Funny. I never saw the worm hole.
Why does page 40 and 41 have duplicate pictures?
On the cover ..... wait for it .... Pipe tampers! Cool tampers, yes but the sweetest Becker pipe on pg 56 that is clearly better suited for the cover.
Am I being too harsh? I work in printing so I don't want to be unfair but this just seems like the canary in the mineshaft barely holding on.

Note: Our very own TJ's pipes on pg32.
Kevin
bikedoctor
Site Supporter

Re: P & T magazine

Post by bikedoctor »

So I just finished a smoke and think I've got it.
After Dec 2009 comes Jan 2010. Dang. No worm hole.
And after reading the article on Art I'm glad his tampers made the cover.
Kevin
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

I got P&T this year... don't know if I'll be getting it again. I like the articles about pipe makers and the shop tours, and some of the historical stuff is all right. But I need pipe-oriented fiction like another hole in the head, and at times, the pages and pages of ads just kind of bug me.

Understand that living in Canada means a tin of tobacco costs around 30 bucks, so these odysseys where people buy a pound of all kinds of different stuff and sit and smoke in some pub or something just makes me so jealous I could puke. I imagine they are working on a way to make it illegal to smoke in my garage.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

Sasquatch wrote: pipe-oriented fiction
Seriously?!? I was thinking about getting P&T, but this is making me dubious.....
Nick

Post by Nick »

P&T is great. Get the mag.
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

I like it. It's nice to have some remnants of pipe smoking culture in print. I don't mind the ads, because it means there is still pipe related business. They often have good pictures, highlight great pipe makers, and have interesting tobacco "tasting" articles by Tad Gage. Skip the fiction.
bikedoctor
Site Supporter

Post by bikedoctor »

B.L.

I don't regret getting the magazine. I learn a lot about the history behind pipe making and smoking. The pics really help train my eye as a collector. I'm just concerned about losing such a great mag. I wait with great expectation every issue and the family knows that when it shows up, dad is disappearing to the study for 2hrs.
So don't delay. The last two issue were great and the one with Will Purdy was priceless.
Kevin
MadTinker

Post by MadTinker »

I should be getting a trial issue of the Winter November Issue. Have they shipped Yet?? No stores carry it around here.
My intent is to make weird pipes out of weird materials