J. H. Lowe

General pipe discussion
JMB

J. H. Lowe

Post by JMB »

Placed a bit/stem order with J. H. Lowe today. Talk with the man himself Tim West. Seems like a real nice guy. Easy to do biz with, knows his stuff and was very helpfull with a amature like me.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Tim is probably one of th enicest guys I've ever spoken to (as opposed to typed to :wink: ) on pipemaking subjects. He's knowledgeable, and *extremely* helpful with regard to stem orders (the website descriptions leave something to be desired). His briar is as good as any that I've seen for sale in the states, and the prices are quite fair.

I really like dealing with him.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
jeff

Post by jeff »

I'll third that. I talked to Tim when I was ordering briar for my 3-5th pipes. I ended up getting advice for about 1 1/2 hours! I was floored with how open he was with his methods. In fact, I told him I didn't want to drop the cash on a set of tobacco hole bits from him and he told me how he made his. I've followed the formula and had great results. And he does have great deals on his stems. I'll keep getting those from him until I buy a lathe.

Jeff
pipedreamer

Re: J. H. Lowe

Post by pipedreamer »

Just another kudo for one of the nicest, knowledgeable, helpful, sharing people in the industry.I have always considered Tim West a Great resource. He goes the extra mile every time. He is consistent also. Great energy. He makes the time for his people. Never blinks, even with a dumb ass like me. I wish I could be more like him. Happened to see the post and I placed an order today, so I felt I should post this for all.
Alden

Post by Alden »

That Jeff guy has come a long way since '04.
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Alden wrote:That Jeff guy has come a long way since '04.
I was reading a post from Jeff circa '04 where he was talking about shaping a tenon with dremel. he was looking to upgrade to the PIMO tool. So if Jeff can do it seems like there is hope for me yet! :lol:
WCannoy

Post by WCannoy »

I've done a ton of business with Tim West, going back a loooooong way... even before he took over JH Lowe. I still do business with him. He is a great guy, with a great value on lots of supplies!

Here's a pic I snapped of Tim West and Kurt Balleby at the Tampa RTDA (now IPCPR) in 2001...